Quote

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark." - Aragorn,The Two Towers

Monday, September 29, 2014

Looking Back: The Dwarrowdelf Cycle

I loved the Dwarrowdelf Cycle as it was being released (and I think I'm not the only one). Sure, I only played half the scenarios at that point, but the additions to the card pool were fantastic. They blew Mirkwood out of the water. Elves, dwarves, secrecy, and a ton of other just generally useful cards. It is rare that I build a deck without a few cards from this pool. 

And now I get to appreciate all of the quests!

Out of the six quests, I've labeled four as "Favorite Quests": Redhorn Gate, Road to Rivendell, Foundations of Stone, Shadow & Flame. These are the ones I want to return to repeatedly in the future. But you know what? If someone wanted to take on The Watcher in the Water or trek down the Long Dark, I wouldn't pass up that opportunity either. They're still solid quests (even if Watcher is a bit rough with just any old deck).

This is best full cycle released yet and should be a high priority for new players looking to expand their collection. And do you like the dwarf aspect? Then definitely pick up Khazad-dum and the two Hobbit saga expansions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment