Quote

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark." - Aragorn,The Two Towers

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Looking Back: The Dreamchaser Cycle

I am Southern Californian, born and raided. More specifically, San Diego county. While I am far from that part of the land now, love of the sea is still in my blood. And growing up in SolCal has the added benefit of Disneyland being a significant part of my childhood (and, heck, adulthood), with it almost hard wired into me to make Pirates of the Caribbean my first stop in the early morning. Something about the cool, crisp morning air makes it feel like you are on the dock waiting to board your ship (and that line gets crazy-long later in the day, so it's pretty practical as well).

The Dreamchaser Cycle had the promise of sea-fairing and swash-buckling, with a middle-earth twist, and I think it lived up to it. There were not many quests that I marked down as favorite, but I truly loved the cycle as a whole piece. A strong theme ran through this one that made the quests feel more connected than the previous cycles. And theme is where this one had me hook, line, and sinker.

Will I one-off quests from this cycle down the line? Maybe. Will I sit down for a series of sessions to tackle the whole thing back-to-back? Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment